So Gerald and I just got home from watching The Reader with Kate Winslet. I had mentioned in a previous blog that I had read the book and it was amazing. Well the movie definitely lived up to the book. Of course there were things that were left out but usually I love the book a lot more than the movie and leave disappointed. This however was not the case! Kate Winslet deserved every award she got this season for her role as Hannah. She was so good, putting it lightly. Gerald and I have seen 3 out of the 5 films now that were nominated for best picture. We saw Benjamin Button, Slumdog Millonaire and now The Reader and we both agree that The Reader was the best out of the 3. I really want to see Milk and I know I will watch Frost/Nixon eventually and then I can give you my final opinion. I have a feeling I will love Milk, so it may take first place in my book. But you should totally see the Reader and read it too! It is very thought provoking and makes you think about love. The whole time I read the book and watched the movie I thought about the what ifs of love. What if the person you loved had a horrible past? Could you still love them and see them as the same person? There was something about them that made you fall in love with them, did knowing the truth change that? Do we want to know the whole truth about the person we love? So many difficult questions no one wants to ask, this movie makes you ask.
I loved it! So if you get a chance please do watch it and support my girl Kate! She rules!!
xoxo,
Amber
07 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the movie recommendations! I have not seen any of those and Brandon and I keep saying 'we need to watch...' But maybe I will read The Reader before watching it. I always enjoy a good book!
Post a Comment