22 April 2009

Food for thought



So today I was feeling a little down. Next week is the anniversary of the day we lost my Grandpa 3 years ago. And then about 2 weeks after that will be the first anniversary of the day we lost my Grandma. So you see the next 3 weeks may be a little bit harder than usual. I still think about them all the time, miss them all the time but when that day comes, the day they actually left, it is heartbreaking. Every year on that day I relive what happened, I could give you a play by play. It was hard enough to have to go through it with one grandparent but now I will have to go through it twice in a matter of weeks. And of course you always think of the things you wish you had said out loud, the things that you thought immediately afterwards but didn't before.

Anyways, while I was doing all of this I decided to look up some quotes. First I looked up Marilyn Monroe quotes. I have always been a fan of hers, not just because she is beautiful but because I think she was deeply misunderstood and lived with a lot of pain. I guess I feel like I can relate to her, the things she desired and longed for. Well anyways this quote came up and it just hit me.

"It's often just enough to be with someone. I don't need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You're not alone." -Marilyn Monroe


It made me realize how grateful I am for my husband. I know that no marriage is ever perfect but simply being with him makes me so much happier. When we are a part I miss him, from the second he leaves. And feel safer, more peaceful when he is home, even if he is in the other room. Just knowing he's there. And with everything coming up, I know he will continue to be there as he always has been.
Then I also came across another quote from Jacqueline Kennedy this time (weird I know).

"I have been through a lot and have suffered a great deal. But I have had lots of happy moments, as well. Every moment one lives is different from the other. The good, the bad, hardship, the joy, the tragedy, love, and happiness are all interwoven into one single, indescribable whole that is called life. You cannot separate the good from the bad. And perhaps there is no need to do so, either." -Jackie Kennedy

This brought me back to the reason I was googling in the first place. She says it perfectly. I know I would not be able to appreciate the ones I love as much as I do if it had not been for the ones I have lost. I just miss them.
Thanks ladies for the wise words.

That's all for now
xoxo
A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
This is a very difficult time of year I do agree. They say it will eventually stop hurting... but i'm still waiting!
I love that you've always been able to express your feelings so perfectly in written form...You should be a writer :)
I Love you,
Mom